- Parish Life
- Join Us
Happy First Sunday of Advent!
We wish you a blessed time as you prepare for the birth of our Savior.
Check out our Pinterest page for more ways to celebrate the true reason for the season in your home!
And follow us on Facebook for Advent events at the Cathedral and around the diocese!
Created by acclaimed author, speaker, and theologian Fr. Robert Barron, the CATHOLICISM series is a dynamic look at the beauty and richness of the Catholic Faith. Through the stunning HD cinematography, you will travel with Fr. Barron to over 50 locations in 15 different countries to learn the stories and history that have created the faith of over one billion people today and how Catholicism has shaped the world in which we live.
Join us to go deeper in your faith as you discover the art, literature, architecture, spirituality, and teachings of CATHOLICISM.
Join us for this compelling video series followed by lively discussion!
Monday evenings at 6.30, beginning 10 November in the John Paul II Center,
Daughters of St. Paul Bookstore, 243 King Street, Charleston
Parking available in the City Garage (Beaufain Street)
Date and Video Topics Below:
For the Church, the month of November is dedicated to remembering and praying for the souls in Purgatory. While it’s always good to remember those holy souls in our prayers (as they cannot pray for themselves,) it is especially important to pray for them this month. One of the many ways you can help the poor souls enter the kingdom of heaven is by offering up indulgences on their behalf.
There are two types of indulgences–partial and plenary. If you need a refresher, this website does a great job explaining them. Below are a few options for gaining indulgences for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
Requiem aeternam dona ei (eis), Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei (eis). Requiescat (-ant) in pace Amen.
Also, a reminder that there are still three more Memorial Services (a Rosary and Benediction) this month. Please join us as we pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ at:
The new Cathedral Welcome Team has put together a small reception after the 9 am Mass. There will be coffee and light refreshments, so please come by and say hello!
And now for the top 5 reason you shouldn’t pass it up…
1. Community— The hope of the Welcome Team is not only to welcome new parishioners but to promote a feeling of community for all parishioners. A little coffee and fellowship go a long way.
2. Refreshments — Let’s be honest, it’s hard to pass up a baked good. And yet this is also where we need your help. If you like to cook/bake (or have a Costco membership,) we would love for you to bring some treats too!
3. Behavior Modification/ aka Bribery — Do you have small children like me? Nothing helps them to behave at 9 o’clock Mass like the promise of sweet rewards after church.
4. 9 am is early, and we could all use a little coffee. No further explanation needed.
5. Meet new people! Who is that family that’s always sat 3 rows ahead of you? Or how about the couple that just joined the parish? What better way to make new friends and meet new people than by stopping by the reception.
But all joking aside, we are looking forward to seeing you there! If you would like to volunteer with the Welcome Team please contact Gene at email@example.com or Tom and Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So you know what that means…
Pumpkin spice lattes, football and Coffee-and-a-Class After 9 o’clock Mass are back!
Join us after the 9am Mass for the Adult Education Fall Series. There will be lively discussion and caffeinated fellowship as we cover Family and Evangelization. The first class will be held September 21 in the Parish Hall. And if we’re lucky, it may actually feel like Fall by then.
Childcare is not provided but they are always welcome!
For more information, contact Dan Lord at email@example.com or call 724-8395 ext. 233
120 Broad St.
Charleston, SC 29401
Mailing: 105 Queen St.
Charleston, SC 29401
PARISH OFFICE HOURS