Cathedral Active Parishioner Policy
A Registered and Active family/individual is one who:
- Has formally registered and is participating in the life of the parish community for at least 3 months.
- Attends Mass at Cathedral at least 75% of all Sundays.
- Contributes financially to the parish according to ones means
- Places the offertory envelope each week in the collection basket, even if empty. (If you forgot your envelope there are extra envelopes in the pews and tables at the back of church)
Active member status in our database is essential for requesting the following:
- Parishioner tuition rate at CCS and BE High School
- Endorsement to serve as a sacramental sponsor for Baptism or Confirmation
- Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation or Marriage (for oneself or for one’s children, either at Cathedral or in another parish)
Placing your envelope in the Sunday collection basket is an important aspect of parish stewardship. We are not called to make an equal gift but an equal sacrifice in proportion to the blessings given to us by God. The offertory basket carried in procession to the altar symbolizes our shared sacrifice offered to the Lord in thanksgiving. Placing your stewardship envelope in the collection basket, even if you have given electronically, symbolizes our shared responsibility to support the Church and our parish and a communal offering of thanks.
If you use electronic transfer to make your offertory contribution and other gifts, simply check the box “I attended Mass and/or gave electronically” on the empty envelope and then drop it in the collection basket. All envelopes in the collection basket are recorded in our parish database.
Once six months elapses without any envelopes or online donations received, the account is marked as Inactive and envelopes are no longer distributed. To begin receiving stewardship envelopes please contact the Parish Office at email@example.com.