Face Covering: Face coverings are required in the Cathedral at all times.
Attending Mass in the upper Cathedral:
We ask that everyone continue to maintain social distancing when in the Cathedral building. Please note:
- The main door of the Cathedral is ENTRANCE ONLY. The side aisles doors are EXIT ONLY.
- Every other pew is available for seating. There are “X’s” on the pew seats to help in social distancing. An “X” indicates where one person or two may be seated. Families may fill an entire pew. Ushers will be on hand to assist.
- You will be handed a piece of paper which requests that you leave it on the pew where you sat indicating where cleaning will be required after Mass.
- Please dispose of your Music Program in the trash can as you exit the side aisle doors. They will not be reused.
- If you are sick – suffering any respiratory issue you are requested not to attend.
- We thank all those who have continue to give to the parish via electronic giving or mail in their offertory envelope.
Reception of Holy Communion:
- At the Sunday morning Masses, Holy Communion will be distributed in two locations at the front of the Cathedral. Communion by the Blessed Virgin Mary Chapel is distributed in the hand only.
- Please maintain social distancing norms of 6 feet.
- Process up the main aisle and approach the priest or minister who will be standing by the column behind a kneeler. You may kneel or stand to receive.
- Diocesan norms request that you receive in the hand during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Thank you to all those who have been so generous in serving Our Lord and the parish in the various liturgical ministries as Ushers, Greeters, Lectors, and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.
- However, given current health precautions and norms, no one over 65 may serve at any our parish liturgies until further notice.
Guidelines for the Sacrament of Confession:
- Confessions are Wednesdays at 9:30 am & Saturdays at 10:00 am in the Sacred Heart Chapel. (Next to the Bishop’s Chair)
- You are requested to wear a face covering when in the Cathedral.
- Please line up along the side aisle spacing at keep the 6 feet social distancing as you wait.